1. Publishing: Upload Directly to YouTube & Vimeo Directly from Your Editing Program
Many video editing programs these days let you upload or publish a video directly to your YouTube or Vimeo account (some also allow Facebook, iTunes, etc). So, if you don’t have an account then you’ll need to sign up for one and have your username and password ready. For this example I’ll show you using iMovie and Windows Live Movie Maker, but the steps should remain very similar regardless of the program you’re using.
- Find the export settings in your program, generally under “File – Export”, “File – Share”, or “Save As”
- Select the platform (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc) you’d like to export to.
- Enter your login credentials. If you don’t have them, you’ll need to sign up for an account and return to this step.
- Choose your permissions for the video, ie. do you want it to be public or private?
- Fill in any other pertinent export settings such as resolution, frame rate, quality etc.
- Click “Export” or “Next” and the video will upload to your account. Always go to your account in your browser to make sure it uploaded correctly.